Daniel F. O'Neill MD, Ed.D, FAAOS
12 Yeaton Road
Suite C4, Box 12
Plymouth, NH 03264
Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Psychology
B.A. in Chemistry, Bard College - Annadale-on-Hudson, NY
Medical Doctorate, Stony Brook School of Medicine - Stony Brook, NH
Surgical Intern, Mount Sinai Medical Center - New York, NY
Resident & Assistant Clinical Instructor in Orthopaedics, University Hospital - Stony Brook, NY
Fellow, Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic and Fracture Clinic - Eugene, OR
Certified - American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Diplomat American Board of Orthpaedic Surgery
Diplomat National Board of Medical Examiners
1. The Arthritic Patellofemoral Joint, Care of the Mature Athlete, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. 2011
2. Psychology of Sports and Aging. Care of the Mature Athlete, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. 2011.
3. www.HealthCentral.com - Monthly Columnist
Recent Titles Including: "Welcome to Reality", "Time To Send It Back", "Something Else to Blame On Your Parents", "Woulda, Coulda, But Shoulda?", "The Newest Wonder Drug"
4. Aging Gracefully and Actively. O'Neill, D.F., Athletic Therapy Today, Nov. 2009.
5. The Psychology of Injury and Rehabilitation, Sage Publications, 2010.
6. KNEE SURGERY: The Essential Guide to Total Knee Recovery
7. Injury Contagion in Alpine Ski Racing: The Effect of Injury on Teammates' Performance. O'Neil, D.F., Journal of Clinical Sports Psychology; September, 2008.
8. A Survey of Sports Medicine Physicians Regarding Psychological Issues in Patient-Athletes, Mann, B.J., Grana, B.A., Indelicato, P.A., O'Neill, D.F., George,S.Z.; December 2007. American Journal of Sports Medicine.
9. Wrist Injuries in Guarded Versus Unguarded First Time Snowboarders, O'Neill, D.F., Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research; 409; April 2003.
10. Snowboarders Brace for Falls, O'Neill, D.F., BioMechanics, January 2002.
11. Return of Function Through Aquatic Therapy, O'Neill, D.F., Athletic Therapy Today, March 2000.
12. Cruciate, Cruel & Crucial: The Fast Track Back After Knee Ligament Injury. O'Neill,D.F., CuChulain Publishing 1999.
13. The Slippery Slope of Auricular Cartilage Injury, O'Neill, D.F., Aquatic Therapy Journal. June, 1999.
14. Injury Rates in First Time Skiiers and Snowboarders, O'Neill, D.F., McGlone, M.R.; American Journal of Sports Medicine. January 1999.
15. Valgus Osteotomy and Anterior Cruciate Ligament Laxity, O'Neill, D.F., James, S.L., Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research; 278; May 1992.
16. Update on Elbow Injuries in the Young Athlete, Chapter in Advances in Sports Medicine and Fitness. Singer, K.M., O'Neill, D.F., 1990.
17. Heterotopic Bone Formation, Chapter in Principles of Orthopaedic Practices. Ed. Dee, R., Mango, E., Hurst, L.C., McGraw-Hill 1989.
18. Articles published in Starting Gate Magazine, Ski Week Magazine, Evening Citizen Newspaper, Health Beat Newsletter. Newspaper citations in the NY Times, Foster's Sunday Telegram, Record Citizen, Evening Citizen.
Adjunct Professor, Plymouth State University
Affiliate Professor for the College of Health & Human Services, University of New Hampshire